I found this list of reasons why people tweet from The Simple Web Toolbox.
- To learn new things
- Connect with people in their industry
- Publicize themselves or their company
- To draw traffic to their blog or website
- Create a network to disseminate information on a social cause (i.e. education, animal rights, etc.)
- To consolidate researching on the web by following people who provide links in a particular subject area
- To make friends
It got me thinking about how Chris Brogan uses Twitter.
He connects with folks (the number of conversations that he has is just crazy!), shares information about social media, and draws traffic to his blog with the occasional tweet to his blog post or question on Facebook.
So what does it mean for spreading my hard created content?